On December 10, the final of the Ukrainian IT Awards 2020 — the largest competition in Ukraine, which annually celebrates the professional success of Ukrainian IT specialists — took place. This year, 33 finalists in 11 nominations reached the finals, and 11 contestants became winners.
In 2020, the Ukrainian IT Awards took place for the ninth time, undergoing a number of changes:
- for the first time the only and independent organizer of the competition was the IT Ukraine Association;
- for the first time the competition was supported by the Ministry of Digital Transformation of Ukraine;
- the competition changed visual style;
- the list of nominations has expanded, including 2 team nominations - Innovation-Research of the year and Impact of the Year;
- PwC in Ukraine, an independent consultant to verify the correctness of the vote count, was responsible for the objectivity of the assessment;
- a record number of participants took part in the event for all the years of the competition - the organizers received 182 applications from 106 companies;
- the final and award ceremony took place in Live Broadcast mode.
Constantine Vasuk, Executive Director of the IT Ukraine Association:
This year we managed to scale and attract a record number of participants for us — 106 IT companies! Together with our partners, we paid special attention to changes in the visual style of the competition, and also involved an independent partner to verify the correctness of the vote count — PwC in Ukraine. We are grateful to our partners who support us and we are glad that every year there are more and more of them. Thank you for the trust to the participants who share their professional success and create really important projects for the IT industry.
The winners of the Ukrainian IT Awards 2020 are the following participants and projects:
- Business Analysis
Maria Shugurova, Lead Business Analyst / People Manager, EPAM Ukraine
Alesya Podlesnaya, Lead UX & Product Design, Piavita
- Software Engineering
Alexander Nemish, Software Engineer, IOHK (Input Output)
- Quality Assurance
Viktoriia Taraniuk, Associate QA Manager, GlobalLogic Ukraine
Roman Markiv, Program Manager, SoftServe
- IT education
Oksana Sitnikova, Director. Learning & Development, EPAM Ukraine
- Infrastructure & DevOps
Stanislav Kolenkin, Cloud Architect, SoftServe
- Product Management
Bohdan Kit, Product Manager, Ring
- Software Architecture
Roman Feniak, Cloud Solutions Architect, SoftServe
- Impact of the Year
- Innovation-Research of the year
Mawi BP Watch.
The winners received prizes from the partners of the competition — certificates from Kyiv Mohyla Business School for training in the following areas:
- Management: basic skills of the manager
- Project management
- Economic thinking. New paradigms
- Emotional competence: components of productive interaction
- Strategic marketing for TOPs.
The Creative Quarter team also prepared gifts for the participants:
- certificate for free space — Hot Desk plan (12 months) for winners;
- certificate for free space — Hot Desk plan (6 months) for finalists.
Olena Volkova, PwC's partner, said:
The Ukrainian IT Awards mission resonates with PwC's philosophy. For many years, PwC has been investing in technology, in particular in the modern IT solutions we use in auditing. Technological achievements of Ukrainians are noted by branch organizations and associations in the international arena. Ukrainian specialists develop IT solutions for the world's top companies. Many popular applications around the world were created in Ukraine, and today they help people around the world. That is why it is extremely important to know the names of those professionals who stand behind the numerous IT achievements of our country and glorify Ukraine as a technological nation! PwC closely monitored the correctness of the counting of the competition votes from the beginning of the evaluation of applications by the team of the expert jury to the approval of the results. So congratulations to the future winners and thank you for your trust.
In 2020, the main organizer of the Ukrainian IT Awards became IT Ukraine Association. From 2017 to 2020, it co-organized the competition with SoftServe, the company that founded it in 2012. This year, SoftServe, EPAM, Ubisoft and Intellias were nomination partners. The competition was supported by the Ministry of Digital Transformation of Ukraine.
PwC in Ukraine acted as an independent consultant to verify the correctness of the vote count.
Design & Development partner of the competition is sense IT company.
Partner bank Ukrainian IT Awards 2020 — UKRSIBBANK BNP Paribas Group.
Office-Partner of the competition — Creative Quarter.
HR partner — Work.ua.
Lviv IT Cluster, Kharkiv IT cluster, IT Dnipro Community, Kyiv IT Cluster, Ivano-Frankivsk IT cluster, IT Association Vinnytsia, Ternopil IT Cluster, European Business Association, American Chamber of Commerce, 1991 Open Data Incubator, Unit.City, Radartech, BazaIT, Startup Kyiv, IHub, Art of Business Analysis, Project Management Institute, ITVDN, CyberBionic Systematics, LAMPOVOE IT, Wtech, Ukrainian Venture Capital and Private Equity Association (UVCA), IT Network, Happy Monday, Cherkasy IT Cluster, Rivne IT cluster, Business Analysis Community, International Institute of Business Analysis, LUN, flatfy, Projector.