On July 15, in the second reading and in general, the Verkhovna Rada adopted the Law “On Stimulating the Development of the Digital Economy in Ukraine” (№ 4303). 262 people's deputies voted for the decision, 82 abstained.
The Association has defended and continues to defend the interests of the IT industry throughout the period of work on the bill № 4303. So far, not all comments and suggestions from IT Ukraine have been taken into account. So, among the most important points we defend are:
- protection of IT specialists-sole proprietors who cooperate with IT companies. Such cooperation should not be limited and regarded as an employment relationship;
- maintaining the existing tax burden on the IT industry and existing business models;
- exclusion of the section on the association of residents of Diia.City (the so-called SRO) from the bill. After all, individuals and legal entities already have such a constitutional right, regardless of the law on Diia.City;
- lack of any regulators for the IT industry, especially governmental;
- exclusion of the requirement to conduct a mandatory audit of small IT business from the bill;
- development of IT education;
- adoption of the law "Masks-show stop-3".
For Diia.City to start working fully, it is also necessary for the Verkhovna Rada to vote for its tax part - bill № 5376. It is currently being prepared for the second reading. We advocate maintaining the current tax burden for IT companies and taking into account the industry's proposals for the bill № 5376.