On May 17, the leadership of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine met with representatives of the IT Ukraine Association, leading IT clusters of Ukraine and IT companies. During the meeting, the parties agreed to cooperate in the vaccination of organized groups of IT specialists, which will be led by the IT Ukraine Association in July.
Participants of the meeting from the Ministry of Health:
- Viktor Liashko, Deputy Minister of Health, Chief State Sanitary Doctor of Ukraine;
- Irina Sadovyak, First Deputy Minister of Health of Ukraine;
- Yaroslav Kucher, Deputy Minister of Health of Ukraine.
The all-Ukrainian campaign for vaccination of organized groups of IT specialists will start no earlier than July, as the supplies of the main amount of the vaccine are planned for the end of the 3rd quarter, the 4th quarter. At the same time, the general turn of vaccination of persons of 18-50 years will also be opened. IT Ukraine Association will coordinate the process, its area of responsibility will include:
- communication and cooperation between regional vaccination coordinators from the Ministry of Health and IT clusters;
- submission of lists from regional IT clusters to the Ministry of Health;
- coordination of the campaign;
- reporting as part of a vaccination campaign.
Vitaliy Sedler, President of the IT Ukraine Association, CEO of Intellias, says:
The IT industry is always at the forefront of addressing important social issues, and the fight against COVID-19 is no exception. IT Ukraine is in constant dialogue with the Ministry of Health of Ukraine, and today we have agreed to cooperate - the Association will coordinate the process of vaccination of IT specialists and promote effective interaction with the resources of the Ministry of Health in the regions. This will speed up the vaccination process, including among IT professionals, nationwide.