As of April 30, the IT industry has allocated at least UAH 44.9 million to fight coronavirus. IT companies showed up great support for the #AntiVirus campaign, arranged by the IT Ukraine Association, they help though the regional IT clusters, and, independently, through charitable foundations.
Particularly, the money was raised as follows:
- Member companies of the IT Ukraine Association have submitted UAH 29.7 million to fight coronavirus in Ukraine;
- Member companies of the IT Ukraine Association and a few others submitted an additional UAH 13.8 million through regional IT clusters. In particular, through Kharkiv IT Cluster, Lviv IT Cluster, IT Dnipro Community, and Ivano-Frankivsk IT Cluster;
#AntiVirus campaign helped to raise another UAH 1.4 million.
The total amount of money, UAH 44.9 million, allowed us buying emergency supplies, the minimum list as follows:
- 62,450 rapid tests;
- 13,930 protective masks and respirators;
- 11,290 protective suits,
- 2,200 pairs of boot covers;
- 13 ventilators;
- 10 oxygen generators;
- 9 pulse oximeters ;
- several oxygen lines for the hospitals.
The #AntiVirus campaign was launched by the IT Ukraine Association on March 26. Within a month, a number of leading IT companies have joined it — GlobalLogic, EPAM, ELEKS, Ubisoft, and Miratech. Jointly, they submitted UAH 1.4 million to purchase 2,000 protective suits, and 2,680 masks for the Kyiv and Kyiv region hospitals. To embody these plans the Association has joined forces with the CEO Club Ukraine.
Supplies were distributed to the following medical institutions:
- Kyiv city maternity hospitals №3, №5;
- The municipal non-profit enterprise “Kyiv Perinatal Center”;
- Kyiv city clinical hospitals №5, №6, №8, and №12;
- The municipal non-profit enterprise “Kyiv City Clinical Ambulance Hospital”;
- The municipal non-profit enterprise “Kyiv Center for Emergency Care and Disasters”;
- The municipal non-profit enterprise “Makariv Central District Hospital”, Makariv district council;
- The municipal non-profit enterprise “Myronivska Central District Hospital”, Myronivka district council;
- The National children’s specialized hospital “Okhmatdyt”.
Tetiana Nazarchuk, head of #AntiVirus project, IT Ukraine Association, points out: When we have noticed the rapid growth of COVID-19 cases among doctors, we had no further doubts about first-priority purchases within the #AntiVirus campaign. The member companies of the Association actively supported our initiative, for that we are sincerely grateful to all of them. Thanks to this joining effort we were able to buy 2,000 protective suits and 2,680 masks for doctors in Kyiv and Kyiv region. This is the first stage only, the project is ongoing and you can join it at any time.
We would like to remind, that the #AntiVirus project was launched on March 26 in response to the spread of coronavirus 2019-nCoV. The goal of the #AntiVirus project is to reduce the spread of coronavirus in Ukraine, and for this purpose to unite IT companies and regional IT clusters to help hospitals that need resources to combat its spread. During the first stage, the project team focused on purchasing personal protective equipment for Kyiv region doctors.