On September 7 at Parkovy Center in Kyiv solemn ceremony of Ukrainian IT Awards, Ukraine`s biggest independent competition among IT specialists, took place. The initiative is held for the 8th consecutive year to recognize the best IT professionals. Organizer is IT Ukraine Association, co-organizer and founder is SoftServe.
147 applications in 10 nominations were submitted to the competition this year. Jury of 67 experts and top managers of the leading IT companies and industry organizations chose winners in two stages: application evaluations and face-to-face interview with finalists. This year winners in respective nominations are:
- Business Analysis – Dmytro Zubets, Solutions Center of Excellence Business Analysis & Product Management Cluster Lead, SoftServe;
- DevOps – Oleksandr Vilchynskyy, DevOps Competency manager at Symphony Solutions, DevOps engineer at Vivino;
- Design – Yaroslav Zubko, Lead Product Designer, Tinder;
- IT Education – Maxim Koretskyi, Developer Advocate, аg-Grid;
- Product Management – Eugene Plokhoj, Product Manager, Readdle;
- Project Management – Taras Fedoruk, Senior Project Manager, wearereasonablepeople;
- Research – Oleksandr Korniienko, Lead Computer Vision Engineer, GlobalLogic;
- Quality Assurance – Anton Muzhailo, Lead Automation Engineer, QA Consultant, GlobalLogic;
- Software Architecture – Taras Kloba, Data Architect, Intellias;
- Software Engineering – Oleksandr Savchenko, Head of Stack PHP/Java/Python, Ciklum Digital Engineering.
All the winners are rewarded with the main prize – 5-day trip to Israeli Tech Camp to familiarize with innovative business strategies, break-through technologies and best practices of Israeli Startup Nation. The trip is sponsored by UkrSibbank, Wix, ELEKS, SoftServe, EPAM, Data Art, GlobalLogic.
All winners also received from the Official Office Partner Creative Quarter: free space - Hot Desk plan, for 12 months.
Constantine Vasuk, Executive Director of IT Ukraine Association, organizer of the initiative:
Ukrainian IT Awards is a chance not only to make a name on the Ukrainian market, but also to get objective assessment and feedback from the leading specialists. It helps determine the way forward. It often happens, that previous-year participants come back and win, and a year after they join the jury. So the competition contributes a lot to networking and creating community of determined and conscious experts, willing to invest resources not only in personal development, but also to share experience and knowledge in order to raise expertise level on the market in general.