This is Infopulse’s second public report where the company shares its achievements in the key spheres of social responsibility: business, people, society, and environment.
Corporate social responsibility is one of the strategic directions of the сompany’s development. Guided by one of the fundamental values, involvement, Infopulse operates relying on the main principles of sustainable development: society development, support of the economic stability and care for the environment.
Among the main achievements of 2019 are the following:
- For the second year in a row, we entered the list of 100 best IT outsourcing companies in the world Global Outsourcing 100, IAOP and became the Microsoft Country Partner of the Year.
- Developed a website of the National Museum of Taras Shevchenko.
- Together with the students of NTUU KPI and non-profit organization “No Waste Ukraine” developed a waste-sorting chatbot.
- In cooperation with Lviv IT Cluster we opened Infopulse Data Science & Machine Learning Lab based on the Data Science & Intelligent Systems curriculum, Department of System Engineering of the Faculty of Electronics and Computer Technologies of Ivan Franko National University of Lviv.
- We launched the IT HUB project based at the Faculty of Information Technology of the National Technical University "Kyiv Polytechnic Institute", with the aim to improve the quality of teaching major subjects and form a creative space for the development of talents and original ideas of students.
- Together with the charitable foundation “Lifelover”, we implemented the project for improving the digital literacy of senior people "Smartphones vs Gramophones".
- We joined the Bluebiz initiative and offset the carbon footprint left after the 2019 flights by Air France, KLM and Delta Air.
- We won the competition "Cycling Employer of the Year", organized by U-Cycle, Kyiv Association of Cyclers.
- We held more than 20 events for company specialists as part of our annual concept The Year of Inspiration.
Overall in 2019, the company implemented more than 20 social initiatives aimed at the development of society. Please find the detailed report by following the link: https://bit.ly/3jrEORB
Among the strategic goals of Infopulse for the coming years - to continue developing affordable and high quality IT education in Ukraine, to facilitate technical transformation at all levels, to care about the environment and to develop volunteering activities. Nevertheless, one of the current priorities of social responsibility is responding to today's challenges: preserving the health of medical professionals, supporting a healthcare system and caring about clients during the pandemic.
The course of events caused by COVID-19 affected all aspects of our life and business, and we found ourselves in a situation of great uncertainty. However, one thing remains unchanged: Infopulse is a team that creates the future together with our specialists, clients and partners. Our strength is in the diversity of our views and common principles that we follow every day. Business development, organizational, professional and personal development comes from the core values we live by at Infopulse: involvement, openness, flexibility and innovation.— Andrey Anissimov, СЕО Infopulse
Being part of the leading Scandinavian IT-corporation TietoEVRY, Infopulse is an international service provider in Software R&D, Application Management, Cloud and IT-operations and Information Security. Among the company’s clients are small, middle-sized businesses as well as Fortune 100 companies from all over the world. Infopulse was founded in 1991, and more than 2, 000 professionals working in seven countries in Europe and North America are currently involved in the company business activities. Among the company's clients are BICS, Bosch, British American Tobacco, Citrix, Credit Agricole, ING Bank, Gorenje, Kärcher, METRO Cash & Carry, Microsoft, OTP Bank, Raiffeisen Bank Aval, UkrSibbank BNP Paribas Group, VEON, Vodafone and many others.