Members of the First Ukrainian Export IT Alliance — the Union brand — keep getting acquainted with European markets for scaling. This time the markets of Norway and Finland were presented on February 11. The presentation was organized with the support of the USAID Competitive Economy of Ukraine Program.
Participants of the presentation: the members of the First Ukrainian Export IT Alliance. Organized by: the Association “IT Ukraine”, CIVITTA Ukraine and CIVITTA Finland. Representatives of the Organizers also took part in the presentation. Here are the most important aspects of doing business in the field of information technology between Ukraine, Finland and Norway.
- Over the last few years, exports of Ukrainian IT services to Finland have been growing rapidly - by more than 100% annually. More than 92% of the population are potential consumers of digital services. These two factors, combined with the Association Agreement between Ukraine and Finland (DCFTA), significantly enhance our competitiveness;
- Finland outsources the following services: web application development, business applications, and information security services. Therefore, Ukrainian IT businesses can focus on these activities in cooperation with partners;
- Norway is one of the most stable and developed countries in the world, with a GDP per capita of $ 92,556, which is one of the highest in the world;
- The Norwegian IT market is showing moderate growth, which in 2019 amounted to 29.4 billion euros. The IT sector accounts for more than 38% of all Ukrainian exports to Norway, which indicates a high demand for it;
- Norwegian companies typically use IT outsourcing services. At the same time, imports of IT services from Ukraine to Norway are showing steady growth.
The first Ukrainian export IT Alliance was launched in 2020 with the support of the USAID Competitive Economy of Ukraine Program. The project is implemented under the Union brand. Union members are 20 Ukrainian IT companies, which are aiming to enter the export markets of Germany, Finland and Norway in 2021. The presentation of the opportunities of the German IT market for IT Union participants took place on February 3.
The initiative is implemented by the IT Ukraine Association with the support of the USAID Competitive Economy of Ukraine Program. The partner of the initiative is the State Institution "Export Promotion Office of Ukraine".