It’s been 300 days that Ukraine is defending its integrity and independence in the fight against the full-scale invasion by russia. From the first days of the aggression, EPAM launched a massive EPAM Response program, which focuses on three directions - helping people, helping the state, and supporting educational partners. Updates for this program in the last hundred days are the following:
- The total amount of assistance has grown to UAH 90 million (+32% over the last 100 days)
- New areas of assistance have appeared: USD100 000 for the needs of the wards of “Children of Heroes” Charity Fund and support, together with the KRAN fund, of rehabilitation of Ukrainian defenders
- Carrying on the support program for the forced-to-relocate people and increase in the number of purchased cars for mobile hospitals
- Expansion of aid to Ukrainian educational institutions
- In addition to providing basic necessities, the arrangement of a dormitory for 80 displaced persons in the Lviv region was assisted, and the repair of five damaged houses after a rocket attack in Vinnytsia was conducted.
- Within the medical support line of assistance, besides the additional purchase of three ambulances and 152 first-aid kits, a thousand sets of underwear for medics were purchased, as well as financial support was provided for the treatment and neurorehabilitation of nine defenders.
- Within the protective equipment line, 16 vehicles were purchased. Two thousand sets of warm clothes, 183 tools for repairing motor vehicles, 25 sources of electricity, including generators, power banks, etc., and almost 500 different means for organizing everyday life, were handed over.
Aid to the state:
- Transfer of additional 1,500 pieces of furniture and 350 pieces of equipment for the needs of state bodies, including hospitals, educational institutions, etc was carried out.
Assistance to educational partners:
- The company continues to transfer the universities’ critical infrastructure data to the cloud environment together with the AWS partner. Currently, there are 22 of such educational institutions. EPAM is also bearing the financial obligations related to the preservation of this data.
- After the successful implementation of the program “IT Fundamentals for Ukrainian switchers”, the company developed six free courses for self-study – a basic one and several that are specialized in IT areas. They are available online to Ukrainians from anywhere in the country or abroad. By now, more than 8,000 applicants have already taken advantage of the new educational opportunities.
- The equipment for points that provide Internet access has been purchased for 58 Ukrainian schools. Also, to ensure the continuity of education and to equip bomb shelters, necessary equipment - televisions, tablets, etc. - was transferred to educational institutions.
- The company has provided access to its educational opportunities to wards of Children of Heroes Charity Fund. From now on, they will be able to join the traditional eKids and Pre-Junior programs, which introduce the basics of IT. In addition, the company donated USD100,000 to the fund for purchasing of warm clothes and shoes, as well as heaters for homes.
The volunteer movement in the company is increasing in number. Today, EPAM has almost a thousand volunteers who are providing humanitarian aid, helping with protective equipment, helping to develop digital solutions, or joining educational initiatives. The donor community is also active. The donors have already donated more than 230 liters of blood for the needs of military hospitals, children's medical institutions, etc.
EPAM continues to support its team. In addition to the program for relocation of specialists abroad, which was launched in the spring, the company is offering temporary relocation within the country and abroad for the winter period. All travel and accommodation expenses are covered by the company. To date, about three thousand people have already taken advantage of the relocating abroad program, more than four thousand have chosen safer regions of Ukraine. All these activities are implemented within the framework of the allocated USD100 million aid for the Ukrainian team.
The digitized data on the assistance provided can be found in the attached infographic.
Since 1993, EPAM Systems, Inc. (NYSE: EPAM) has leveraged its advanced software engineering heritage to become the foremost global digital transformation services provider – leading the industry in digital and physical product development and digital platform engineering services. Through its innovative strategy; integrated advisory, consulting, and design capabilities; and unique 'Engineering DNA,' EPAM's globally deployed hybrid teams help make the future real for clients and communities around the world by powering better enterprise, education and health platforms that connect people, optimize experiences, and improve people's lives. In 2021, EPAM was added to the S&P 500 and included among the list of Forbes Global 2000 companies.
Selected by Newsweek as a 2021 and 2022 Most Loved Workplace, EPAM's global multi-disciplinary teams serve customers in more than 50 countries across six continents. As a recognized leader, EPAM is listed among the top 15 companies in Information Technology Services on the Fortune 1000 and ranked four times as the top IT services company on Fortune's 100 Fastest Growing Companies list. EPAM is also listed among Ad Age's top 25 World's Largest Agency Companies for three consecutive years, and Consulting Magazine named EPAM Continuum a top 20 Fastest Growing Firm.
Learn more at www.epam.com and follow EPAM on Twitter and LinkedIn.